Ethereum Classic Successfully Completed Its Phoenix Strong Fork

Key facts:
  • The change occurred on the night of this Sunday, May 31, at the height of the 10,500,839 block.

  • The project adopted the characteristics of the latest Ethereum hard fork, Istanbul.

The Ethereum Classic (ETC) project successfully completed its third hard fork in 1 year, after developers activated Phoenix. A network update that opens the doors to the community for technical compatibility with Ethereum (ETH).

The hard fork It happened on the night of this Sunday, May 31 at the height of the 10,500,839 block, according to reported Stevan Lohja, ETC Core Technology Coordinator. The announced fork was applied to adopt the characteristics of the Istanbul, the most recent update on the Ethereum network.

“Phoenix included the features of ETH Istanbul. This brought the ETH Classic and ETH use cases, tools and collaboration opportunities to full technical compatibility, while preserving their respective differences, ”Lohja said in a statement.

The other two forks approved by the ETC community were Atlantis and Agharta. Now with Phoenix, it would be allowing the applications of both networks to run on both systems.

Developer Afri Schoedon also disclosed that the fork was successful at tell on his Twitter account that ETH “Classic and Ethereum reached protocol parity last night.” One of his followers asked him about the implications of both platforms being compatible and he responded by saying that ETC apps would work on ETH and vice versa.

Successful, but also with setbacks

Although both developers rated the process as successful, the OpenEthereum client was reported to be experiencing synchronization issues, a situation that also occurred. presented with the Hyperledger Besu client which according to Lohja got out of sync during activation.

According data from etcnodes.org, Besu was still syncing at the time of publishing this article and OpenEthereum had already completed the process. The website also reported that 70% of the nodes, about 346, were already up to date, while the other 30% (151) would be updated in the coming days.

The improvement proposal (ECIP-1088) validated by the community included six technical aspects, including the new Blake2 compression feature, ChainID opcode, alt_bn128 pre-build gas cost reduction, opcode pricing change, Calldata gas cost reduction, and a cost rebalancing of the SSTORE gas measured by the network.

Regarding the processing power of the network or hash rate, figures from the coinwarz.com service show that it fell after the fork. During Sunday night the hash rate was 8.8138 TH / s, while At the time of publishing this article, the figure dropped to 7.3420 TH / s.

CriptoNoticias reported, in February of this year, that the Phoenix fork would take place in June, if there were no problems. The scheduled date for the activation was the 10th of this month, however, the process took place yesterday Sunday.

We would like to thank the writer of this write-up for this amazing web content

Ethereum Classic Successfully Completed Its Phoenix Strong Fork

Dispensary Business News